Because the only thing more terrifying than velociraptors are velociraptors that can fly.

Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Editing

I don't really like editing.

Sure, I see the point of it. I just don't like doing it. It's akin to my view on exercise: a painful process that gradually results in something looking better.

But by the end of the year I'll have to have my manuscript in tip-top shape for grad school, the same manuscript I wrote in 19 days this past November.

"Rough" doesn't begin to describe it. But I have a plan. A shaky, hole-filled plan that I'm sure I'll have to revise (and believe me, I see the irony), but a plan nonetheless.

If you're at all interested in reading a novella about smugglers aboard a flying pirate ship, do not hesitate to drop me a line. I'd love to send it to you. The more eyes I can get on this thing the better.

Well, I should probably get started on it (I'd like to get through a draft a month until my deadline).

New York Time's Best Sellers list, here I come!

No comments:

Post a Comment