Because the only thing more terrifying than velociraptors are velociraptors that can fly.

Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Whoops!

Hello hello, my internet friends,

Sorry about the belated blog post. I was in Athens yesterday helping my cousin move (and by "helping" I mean "watch as the movers bring in boxes, unload a few of them, then fall asleep on the couch for a few hours") so by the time I got home I was quite tired. Combine that with the fact that I needed to get up at 5AM this morning for work and I decided it'd be best for everyone if I just posted today.

So here we are.

Some news on the card game front: I have successfully play-tested my prototypes a few time and am pleased with the results. It feels like a real game, it's fun, and any time you get to say to someone, "Oh, well, it ended in a tie because he died after I sent my robotic flying velociraptor after him, which destroyed his armor, opening up an opportunity for me to set him on fire with my flamethrower, whose lingering damage killed him at the end of the round, but I was insane at the time, so my head exploded," is friggin' awesome in my book.

I am having some issues with the structure, whether it should play more like Magic: The Gathering or Pokemon TCG, but that's the point of play-testing, to iron out those wrinkles.

In other news, I am moving to North Carolina next month. As you may or may not know, I'm living with my folks while I'm in grad school. Since my dad got a new job in North Carolina (the Raleigh area) that means I'm coming along for the ride. I'm in two minds about moving. On the one had, I have to leave behind the friends I've have here, as well as my job (my manager's really cool), and change is always a little scary. On the other hand, I've moved over a dozen times in my life. It's something I'm not thrilled about, but am used to. Plus, it'll be a new adventure! Maybe things will be even better there. Maybe my book will take off and I'll become the next J. K. Rowling.

 Who knows? (OK, maybe not, but still.) I'm optimistic overall. As someone wise once said, "You cannot change the direction the wind is blowing, but you can adjust your sails."

As Jack Sparrow said, "Bring me that horizon."

No comments:

Post a Comment