Because the only thing more terrifying than velociraptors are velociraptors that can fly.

Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Marketing Department of One (Plus You!)


Howdy friends!

How is everyone? Good, I hope. So, I just published the second episode of my serialized novel, The Chronicles of Professor Jack Baling. The new episode is titled, “Episode 2: Just Because You’re Paranoid…"

Now then, I’m running into a slight problem with this episode, namely: how to get my work out there to the people. I am self-publishing my novel through the Kindle Online Marketplace so my marketing department consists of one employee (me) and our budget is rather slender. Thus, I am relying heavily on social networking and word-of-mouth to spread the news about my story.

So if you’re reading this blog, I am asking you for help. (Please!)

First off, here are the links to episodes one and two:
Episode 1- http://www.amazon.com/dp/B007Q3LV0W
Episode 2- http://www.amazon.com/dp/B007Z3SRCI

Each one is conveniently only 99 cents (less than a pack of gum or a cup of coffee, and practically nothing when compared to the price of a new car or home. Heck, hold it up next to the national deficit—currently over fifteen trillion dollars, or $15,000,000,000,000—and $.99 is essentially free. Who doesn't love nearly-free stuff?)

I do not yet have a website, but I am working on it. I do have an easily-remembered twitter feed (@colinoboyle) though, so if you don’t yet follow me, you should.

I also have a facebook page at www.facebook.com/hairdryerdeathray (I’m quite proud of the name) so give that page the ol’ thumbs up.

If you have already purchased/read either of my episodes, please leave a review on the Amazon page(s), even if it’s only a sentence or two. Those are really helpful. The more I get, the higher my chances are of popping up on someone's "if you liked this book, you should try..." bar.

Also of great help is linking to that page or this one on your own social networking sites of choice. Every “share” gets me a little bit closer to my goal of becoming a professional author.

As always, I’d like to thank you for reading and hope that you continue to do so in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment