Because the only thing more terrifying than velociraptors are velociraptors that can fly.

Tuesday, May 15, 2012

It's alive! IT'S (almost) ALIVE!

Mwuhahahaha! AHAHAHAHA!
...
Ahem. Excuse me. I've just been working so hard on all my mad scientist projects that I'm a little bit stuck in character. And yes, that's right, I did say project(s). For one thing, I'm working on getting some Professor Jack Baling merchandise ready, which is very exciting. Shirts, stickers, coffee mugs, the works. I have some of the designs already, now I'm just trying to finagle with the price so that I'm not charging upwards of $40 for a single t-shirt. I'll give more info on that when I have it.

I've also been putting a lot of time and effort into a collectible card game that's set in the same world as my novel. It's similar to Pokemon or Magic: The Gathering, in that it's played with two players, each one has a deck of cards and uses creatures and weapons to beat the snot out of each other. Unlike those games, however, there's a bit more to it than that.

First off, these are *mad* scientists, after all, so they are less than stable. As such, the rolling of a die is involved in a number of ways, adding a bit of randomness to the proceedings.

Secondly, each player has a Sanity meter which decreases whenever powerful abilities are used. Go all the way down to 0 and grow temporarily powerful. Go for more than one round in this state, however, and you lose.

Finally, there are random encounter cards that get played each turn, much like Monopoly or Life. These affect both players, positively or negatively, so be careful. What helps you might also help your opponent, and harming them can bring harm down on you.

All in all, I have quite a few plates spinning right now, but once my Automatic Plate Spinning Robot is finished, it should be smooth sailing.

No comments:

Post a Comment