Because the only thing more terrifying than velociraptors are velociraptors that can fly.

Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Brilliance, Madness, Ray Guns (I'm Publishing A Story!)

Good news, everyone! I've taught the toaster to feel lov...I mean. I'm publishing a story!
It's going to come out on April 1st (and that's no joke). I'm really excited about it.
I hope that you will be too.

It's going to be a serialized story with a new uploaded episode (of about 50 pages) per month.
Each episode will be $.99.

The overall tale chronicles the adventures of Professor Jack Baling, an engineering professor at a fictional school that’s sort of based off Georgia Tech. In the first episode, a student of his brings in an impossible invention: a working perpetual motion machine. That’s like the engineering equivalent of proving to your math professor that two plus two equals five. So Jack takes the machine home and studies it, but despite his best efforts, he can’t figure out how the heck it works. Because of this device, he suffers a breakdown/breakthrough, emerging from the other side a mad scientist (complete with a ray gun he cobbled together out of parts from his TV, microwave, and his wife’s hair dryer). 

As madness and disintegrator rays don’t work well together, things go badly for the good professor, until he finds out that he is not alone. There are other mad scientists out there, with stories much like his. Not only that, he discovers that dangerous things lurk on the edge between brilliance and madness. Just because you’re paranoid doesn’t mean They aren’t out to get you…

The name of the series is "The Chronicles of Professor Jack Baling," and the first episode is called "Two Plus Two Equals Five." I'm going to be publishing it on the Kindle Online Marketplace, but if you don't have a Kindle, have no fear! (For I am here!)


You can read Kindle books on your PC (or Mac), iPhone, iPad, Blackberry, Android Phone, Windows Phone, or (of course), your Kindle.

So, that's my spiel. I really hope y'all will like it once it comes out, and I'll be posting again about it at the end of March. (Especially since my birthday is April 5th, and if you don't know what to get me...)

No comments:

Post a Comment