Because the only thing more terrifying than velociraptors are velociraptors that can fly.

Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Slight Delay in Our Publishing Schedule

Alrighty, as you may or may not know already, I'm not going to be publishing any more episodes of Professor Jack's adventures besides the one at the end of the month. I've been running into too much trouble with getting these things edited in such a short time period, but I feel like I've been pretty successful in what I set out to do.

I wanted to learn how to publish on Amazon, and I've done that. I wanted to get myself somewhat inured to editing things on a regular basis as training for my thesis manuscript, and I've done that too.

I will write the rest of Professor Jack's book by the end of the year, but the next thing I'm going to publish will be the whole book, after I've edited the whole thing.

I sincerely appreciate everyone who's been on this adventure with me, and your support has been really encouraging.

Meanwhile, I'm working on some short stories (mostly forcing myself to stick to a word limit of 5k, which is hard), both to send to my mentor at Carlow, as well as to try and get something I like and can send to magazines.

I'm also going to be working on my thesis manuscript to send to HarperCollins open submission period in a few weeks. And if you have a manuscript, I encourage you to get it ready too.

1 comment:

  1. so i realize that this is probably a lost cause since this blog seems to have been abandoned years ago but on the off chance you still read/have access to this blog did you ever finish writing the book, i only just found the episodes and wanted to read the rest of the story.

    ReplyDelete